Looking for a fun and easy way to spruce up your home decor? Check out our blog post on how to make coasters for under $5 dollars! These DIY boho chic coasters are perfect addition to your coffee table!
You can make them using rub on transfers from the Dollar Tree, and they come out looking super chic. I snapped up my set of coasters in the Target dollar section – a mere three bucks! Crafting these delightful DIYs is a breeze – you’ll have them finished in mere minutes! So, gather your supplies and let’s get started!
- Ceramic coasters
- Rub on transfers from Dollar Tree
- Blunt rubbing tool
- Mod Podge
- Craft foam brush
How to Make Coasters Using Rub on Transfers
1.Once all of your supplies are gathered, it’s time to get creative. Start by cutting out the rub on transfers/vinyl decals that you want to use for your coasters.
2.Once they are cut out, peel back the backing and put the sticky side down to the top of the coaster.
3.Using my circuit scraping tool, apply firm pressure when rubbing your decal on the coasters.
4.Carefully and slowly peel back the transfer from the coaster.
5.Apply two coats of Mod Podge sealer to your coasters. That’s it! Your boho-inspired drink coasters are now ready for display!
Tips and Tricks for Applying Rub on Decals
When applying rub on decals, it is important to take your time and be precise. Here are some tips and tricks that will help you make sure your decal looks perfect:
- When applying rub on transfers, it is important to make sure you choose the right surface. The best surfaces for applying rub on decals are smooth and non-porous, such as ceramic, tile, or glass.
- It is also important to make sure the surface is clean and free of dirt or dust particles. This will help ensure that your transfers adhere properly and look their best!
- Applying them to a textured surface can cause them to wrinkle or not adhere fully.
- Also, try to avoid using any oil-based products or waxes on the surface before applying your decal, as this may affect how well they stick.
- Another tip for ensuring that your transfer process goes smoothly is by using a blunt rubbing tool when pressing down onto the decal.
- Peel your decal back slowly. If it’s not adhering to the surface, place the decal back in place and use firm rubbing pressure again until the decal sticks to the coaster.
- Use a waterproof sealer to protect your coasters from water damage and scratches.
Making your own DIY boho chic coasters is a great way to add some style and personality to any room in the house. With just a few simple supplies from the Dollar Tree, you can create beautiful custom drink coasters that look like they were professionally made!
While applying rub on decals may seem intimidating at first, with our step-by-step instructions and tips & tricks for success, anyone can make these stylish homemade coasters without breaking the bank. So, grab your supplies and start crafting – it’s time to give your home decor an upgrade!