Hey there! Winter is just around the corner, and it’s the perfect time to get crafty and add a touch of whimsy to your home this holiday season. How about trying out a simple winter gnome craft? These adorable little creatures will bring a magical vibe to your winter wonderland.
And guess what? It’s a super easy Dollar Tree craft that can be made for less than $6 bucks! With just a few DIY steps and answers to your frequently asked questions about making gnomes, you’ll have one of the cutest and coziest winter gnome buddies in no time.
There’s so much to do, see, and make during the Christmas Season, you know? It’s all about creating those special family memories that you’ll cherish for years to come. I mean, who doesn’t love everything about Christmas, right? It’s just the best!
That’s why I absolutely adore whipping up those quick and easy Christmas crafts and recipes with my family and friends. It’s all about creating those precious holiday memories without breaking the bank or spending hours in the kitchen.
10 Fun Ways to Deck Out Your Home with Christmas Gnomes!
- Place your gnome on the mantle: A gnome perched on the fireplace mantle will add a whimsical touch to your cozy fireside evenings.
- Create a gnome centerpiece: Arrange your gnome in the center of your dining table along with some winter greenery for an enchanting holiday table setup.
- Put your adorable gnome on display in a see-through glass jar and add some fairy lights for that extra touch of magic! It’s the perfect way to add a whimsical vibe to your side tables or nightstands.
- Put your gnome on the window sill and give it a snow-themed backdrop for a cool winter vibe!
- Gnome Cluster: Gather a bunch of holiday gnomes on a shelf or table corner, making it feel like a cozy and friendly gnome family!
- Gnome with Christmas tree: Place the gnome next to your Christmas tree, making it a charming addition to your festive decor.
- Gnome Wreath: Add a cute little gnome to your Christmas wreath! It not only brings a fun touch to your door decor but also gives a warm and festive welcome to your visitors.
- Gnome Garland: String together miniature gnomes to create a unique garland. Hang it over doorways, across the mantle, or along the stair railing for an adorable festive touch.
- Deck out your Christmas Tree with gnome ornaments! Not only will they add a charming touch to your tree, but also make for a fun DIY activity with the family.
- Sprinkle some holiday cheer in your kitchen with adorable gnome tiered tray decor!
Frequently Asked Questions About Making Gnomes
What materials do I need to make a gnome?
The best part about crafting gnomes is that you can be as creative as you want with the materials!
Here are some commonly used craft materials used to make gnomes:
- A sock or fabric for the body
- Poly-fil stuffing
- Rice, beans, or something similar for weight (optional)
- Rubber bands or hair ties
- Felt for the hat and nose
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Decorative materials like faux fur, pom-poms, and buttons for embellishments
How do I make my gnome stand?
If you’re using a fabric for the body, fill it with rice, beans or something similar to create weight at the bottom. This will help your gnome stand upright. You can also use a small piece of cardboard or wood as a base and glue the gnome on top.
Where can I get the faux fur material for making a gnome beard?
You can find faux fur material at most craft stores or online. You could also use white yarn or fabric to create a beard if you prefer.
Here’s What You’ll Need
One of the best things about this winter gnome craft project is that it requires minimal supplies that are easy to find at the Dollar Tree store and crafting tools that you make already have.
- Dollar Tree gray men’s sock
- Dollar Tree microfiber cloth
- Dollar Tree berry garland
- Dollar Tree foam cone
- Dollar Tree wooden bead
- Hot glue gun
Winter Gnome DIY in Easy 5 Steps!
Step 1: Just cut off the bottom part of a sock. That’ll nicely cover a good chunk of the cone. If you have any leftover fabric at the top, you can either trim it or wrap it around the cone and use some hot glue to keep it in place
Step 2: Grab the scissors and cut a 4 x 5 inch section of the microfiber cloth. This piece will be our awesome beard! Now, let’s trim it down to give it a cool triangle shape, so it really looks like a beard. Next up, use some hot glue to attach the beard to the cone, placing it about ¾ of the way up.
Step 3: I stuffed some pieces of the microfiber cloth into the foot part of the sock. It made the hat more sturdy and gave it a nice shape. Then, I rolled the bottom edge of the sock to create a trim and put it on top of the cone. Finally, I used hot glue to secure everything in place.
Step 4: I trimmed about a 16-inch section of the berry garland and wrapped it around the hat. It not only helped the hat hold its shape but also gave it a nice wintery vibe.
Step 5: Just add a little hot glue to the bead and pop it right at the bottom of the trim of the hat!
10 More Ways to Decorate Your Winter Gnome
- Gnome on Sleigh: Put your gnome on a tiny sleigh to amp up the winter vibes and have a blast!
- Gnome with Scarf: Just wrap a little piece of cloth around your gnome’s neck like a cozy scarf. It adds a nice touch of warmth!
- Gnome with Lantern: Give your gnome a cute little lantern to add a magical touch!
- Gnome with Candy Canes: Adorn your gnome with miniature candy canes to bring in the festive spirit.
- Gnome with Snowflake: Add a cute little snowflake ornament to your gnome’s hat for a cozy winter vibe!
- Gnome with Gift Box: Put a cute little gift box in your gnome’s hands to symbolize the season of giving.
- Gnome with Skis: Give your gnome some mini skis and create a cool winter sports vibe!
- Gnome with Holly: Adorn your gnome’s hat with holly to add a classic Christmas touch.
- Gnome with Christmas Lights: Wrap your gnome in mini Christmas lights for a bright and cheerful look.
- Gnome with Pine Cones: Scatter some mini pine cones around your gnome for a rustic winter touch.
Spread Christmas Cheer with these Holiday Crafts
- Festive Christmas Wreath in Just 3 Steps!
- 65 Easy DIY Christmas Wreath Ideas for your Front Door
- 15 Festive Christmas Gnome Crafts
- 3D Paper Christmas Scene Craft by our other craft blog, Rock Painting Guide
- 30 Farmhouse Rustic DIY Christmas Signs and Free SVGS by our other craft blog, Rock Painting Guide
And just like that, with a few simple steps, you’ve made the cutest nordic gnome that will bring warmth and coziness to your home all winter! I hope this winter craft project has got you all inspired to go on a whimsical adventure and make your very own Dollar Tree Winter Gnome!
If you’re feeling the holiday spirit and want more fun DIY and home decor ideas, make sure to check out Grit and Graceful. You’ll find endless inspiration, helpful tips, and easy-to-follow tutorials to turn your space into a beautiful and stylish haven this holiday season. Let’s get creative and make your home shine!
Remember, the holidays are all about spreading joy and creating meaningful memories. Embrace the spirit of DIY and let your creativity shine bright.